Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's on the ole thinker as of late.

I have been thinking quite a bit about ... A LOT! Im gonna use this blog to just spew a few thoughts and if anyone has any dialogue to add I would love to hear it.

1. I have given quite a bit of thought to the polarization's between the Kingdom of God and our American government. I am at a lost as to how lop sided this argument is BUT, regardless, the people of America who associate themselves with the body of Christ are so easily compelled to neglect the teachings of Jesus and Paul to serve this country and join in some sort of Just war as if justice was ours to administer. I think by having this mindset we set ourselves up to neglect humility and servitude- 2 ethics that are central to Christendom. People often say that John Calvin was the most influential theologian of all time but im thinking that it was probably Constantine. He really set things in motion for the fusion of American values and Christian ethics- this is not to assume that they aligned themselves, this is to say that people often assume that American values are a reflection of Christianity. However, there are those who feel that they are not being biblical christians because they are not submitting to the "laws of the land" ... this is a conversation that the church really needs to have. Christians in general need to become more conditioned to asking questions.

2. Im seeing and hearing of more and more women making criticisms of males. I think this is backwards. I feel that in making these sort of assessments that we forget that we are called, both men and women to reflect God! Holiness and righteousness are the goal. I don't want to fall victim to the compartmentalizing of genders as to neglect in bearing the image of God. The first step in biblical leadership, either male or female, is submission to Jesus' lordship- his rule. Good leaders, from a Biblical standpoint, are lead! Jesus is the way to the Father- we lead people to him! amen.

3. I have come to the realization that despite my natural tendencies and inclinations I, being submitted to Christ' lordship, I find myself realizing that I am a pacifist. Does this mean that I am passive? No! This means that I will never resort to physical violence because it is what Jesus taught ... even as I say that I feel the tension and the weariness to uphold that creep in around me. MY vernacular will remain the same, but it will never manifest itself into a physical attack. Man, if all of my old buds new that I was a pacifist they would be so disappointed.

4. Still working out my thoughts concerning my previous blog- I think I am seeing a few loop holes. I will be addressing them shortly.

Love,
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment